Thursday, April 30, 2009

Black Lantern Speculation

Since I was an intern at DC Comics, I was able to get my hands on one of the BLACKEST NIGHT #0's a while ago but I couldn't talk about it. Now that DC's official blog THE SOURCE has released the artwork from it, I can now share my speculations of who I think will rise from the dead in this exciting new event! BLACKEST NIGHT#0 presents each of the new Corps in a very user friendly way that a lot of people, including myself, will find helpful. This chilling rendition of the Black Lantern Corps is fantastic and I believe it offers quite a few answers.

To the left here I have broken down each of the most recognizable hands. Starting from top left to right then to bottom left to right: Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, the Question?, Mirror Master, either Blue Beetle or Elongated Man, Abin Sur, Hawkmn or woman, and Superman from Earth-2. DC has released art that has basically given away that Superman and Aquqman are coming back, but what about the rest?

Abin Sur would be the ultimate baddy to line up against Hal and the white glove with the black sleeve really drives it home. I personally would love to see the question return since I have always been a big fan of Vic Sage's alter ego and he is someone (like Sur) who people won't see coming. Of course these are only a few of many dead DC characters who could show up in this event. But only time will tell. Sound off with your speculations.

No comments:

Post a Comment